Teens in Training Showcase
Rules & Regulations
To particate in a local showcase a participant must fulfill the following:
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Be a young lady between the ages of 10 and 15 by the date of the Miss Virginia's Outstanding Teen state competition
* Legal resident of Virginia at least 6 months prior to local pageant competition
* Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you participate
* Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements (same as Miss Virginia's Outstanding Teen)
* Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organization
Areas of the Showcase:
Talent will be a maximum of 90 seconds. Talent may not consist of more than two songs from any one piece or medley of songs. Nothing longer will be accepted, and this will be strictly enforced! Participants should plan a performance that will not exceed this limit. The panel will be informed immediately if a participant runs over her allotted time.
LIFESTYLE & FITNESS IN ACTIVE WEAR
Each participant briefly appears on stage in active wear of her choice. State participant will be provided with specific wardrobe expectations - usually a running top and shorts or Capri leggings. The Lifestyle and Fitness in Active wear is designed to see how well the participant maintains a lifestyle of good physical health, whether she meets the public expectation of a titleholder, and whether or not she has the confidence needed to be a titleholder. The participant's drive, energy and presence are to be likewise considered.
EVENING WEAR & ON-STAGE QUESTION
Evening wear should express a sense of style and appropriateness for young women ages 10-15. The Evening Wear phase of participation is designed for the panel to assess the particpant's beauty, poise, grace, and commanding stage presence. The participant's total look is considered. Her evening wear (not the value of the evening wear) should complement the participant's individuality. It is permissible to wear cocktail dresses, evening pant suits, or long gowns. Two on-stage questions will be given about her platform (if she has one). The participant's answer will be scored.
For information about participating in the Teens in Training program contact Judy Gibson at email@example.com or 757-532-3815.